Gift-a-deed app – Science and Inspiration
Background of Gift -a-Deed
Gift of a basic necessity of food, water, clothing, shelter et all, to a Needy anywhere anytime.
Gift of a platform to enable you do a Good-Deed today, without depending on any one organization or gov’t. This is as they say in sharing economy, “Democratization of Charity”.
Deed of doing good, or simply a Good Deed of helping a fellow human being for basic necessities of life, which nature out to have made it free for everyone.
Even Birds and Animals get the basic necessities of life free from nature, be it a wild Jungle or in vastness of the Oceans; a nest for bird in a Tree, or the wild grass lands for Herbivores animals to graze on or for that matter for a Fish in an Ocean of water.
Why then in a Human civilized world Jungle we have extreme Have & Have-nots.
If we show compassion and share these basic necessities, which Animals have no problem sharing, wouldn’t the world be a better place?
We believe it will be, thus was born the seed of this idea. Do a Good Deed today by Gifting a Need.
Download giftadeed app from your Google Android Play Store now. IOS version coming soon.
Motivational quotes on Giving
1. A Chinese proverb:
“If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap. If you want happiness for a day, go fishing. If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime, help somebody.” For centuries, the greatest thinkers have suggested the same thing: Happiness is found in helping others.
2. For it is in giving that we receive — Saint Francis of Assisi
3. The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity — Leo Tolstoy
4. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give — Winston Churchill
5. Making money is a happiness; making other people happy is a super happiness — Nobel Peace Prize recipient Muhammad Yunus
6. Giving back is as good for you as it is for those you are helping, because giving gives you purpose. When you have a purpose-driven life, you’re a happier person — Goldie Hawn
7. According to Harvard scientist Michael Norton, “Giving to a cause that specifies what they’re going to do with your money leads to more happiness than giving to an umbrella cause where you’re not so sure where your money is going.”
Scientific Research on giving
Scientific research provides compelling data to support the anecdotal evidence that giving is a powerful pathway to personal growth and lasting happiness. Through fMRI technology, we now know that giving activates the same parts of the brain that are stimulated by food and sex. Experiments show evidence that altruism is hardwired in the brain—and it’s pleasurable. Helping others may just be the secret to living a life that is not only happier but also healthier, wealthier, more productive, and meaningful.
Tips on Giving
Here are some tips to that will help you give not until it hurts, but until it feels great:
1. Find your passion – choose what is right for you
2. Give your time – time is better than material things
3. Align your passion and interests
4. Give to organizations with transparent aims and results
5. Be pro-active, not reactive.
The key is to find the approach that fits us. When we do, then the more we give, the more we stand to gain purpose, meaning and happiness—all of the things that we look for in life but are so hard to find.
(Adapted from http://time.com/4070299/secret-to-happiness/
Original article appeared in Time magazine dated 4August 2017 authored by Jenny Santi, a philanthropy advisor and author of The Giving Way to Happiness: Stories & Science Behind the Life-Changing Power of Giving)
Where does “Gift-a-Deed” fit in ‘Giving’
Connecting Resources to Needs
To Connect Needy and Donors
To be the platform of choice for Charities linked to Food, Clothes and Shelter by providing a location based mobile app
To raise awareness of Food resource planning and avoid Food wastage to ensure long-term providence of food for everyone
Any Corporation with excess Food, Water, Clothes
Any household with excess Food, Water, Clothes
Retailers with food, clothes
Charities with excess donations
Target Beneficiaries (Members)
Restaurants , Hotel establishments
Food charities like Soup kitchens, Feeding Hong Kong
Marriage and other catering social events with excess food
Other charity/ NGOs
How does giftadeed app work
Taggers – doing a Good deed is as easy now- by just Tag & Post a Need anywhere anytime, using the Camera icon of the app, choosing the need & writing few words about the need. Just click on submit to post the need.
Tagging uses location based technology on Google maps, similar to the one used by any Car ride hailing app.
Fulfillers/Donors – can Gift a Need by simply using the app to find a Need they want to give.
To find a Need simply by opening the app and finding need icons (for food, water, clothes, shelter ) closest to their location. Just select the need by gently tapping the icon and then simply click on the Map icon on bottom right corner of the Map to take you to the location of the need.
You may choose to display the picture of your gift by clicking on picture icon or by browse through your pictures.
Once a Need is gifted, you may click on the Gift now button. This will send a message to the Tagger that the Tagged need has been fulfilled. The system will also then show the need as fulfilled on the app.
There are 3 winners at the end of every donation of a Gift:-
1. Tagger, who did a Good deed by tagging the needy location.
2. Fulfillers, who did a Good deed by using the Tagged need location to fulfill the need.
3. Needy person who receives the Tagged need directly from the Fulfillers.